Reputational Brand Damage
What happens to your brand when people think you don't care about your staff?
"The safety of our staff is paramount.", commented the CEO - we've all heard that, and it's said, often very genuinely, as a matter of routine - but what if people don't believe it anymore?
In the aftermath of a serious safety incident, particularly while the news is 'current', organisations are often critiqued for many things:
- Practices and procedures
- How they treat their staff
- Their leader or senior management team
- Financial performance
- Their perception as a organisation within the public consciousness
A culture of staff safety, of which an effective and fully utilised lone worker solution like SoloProtect is one part, can never entirely remove organisational risk. Some accidents are indeed accidents. But where poor performance, policy or practice have contributed to serious injury or death of an employee, people will find out, and that's a serious threat to a businesses' reputation, particularly when they don't get to control the message, or its circulation.
Suffering a blow to your reputation can hugely affect the following:
- Share price
- Perception of your brand and associated equity
- Ability to trade - large fines can now serve as business killers
- Profits - lower revenue due to lost customers
- Profits - less working capital due to cost of private litigation
- Staff morale
- Sickness rates / stress
- The ability to attract and retain staff
- Ability to obtain credit
SoloProtect is available as a fully-managed, 'off the shelf' lone worker solution for employers to implement for as little as 50 pence a day per user. It can be used as a key part of demonstrating duty of care to lone working personnel.
Find out more about our lone worker solutions, here.