Personal Safety for Retail Workers
Protecting staff across the whole supply chain
Retail has a wide range of employees to consider across a supply chain that can often take in the storage of goods, distribution, a mix of other operational roles and the staff based in-store.
Aggression in retail remains a significant issue, as outlined by the British Retail Consortium's 2020 Crime Survey  detailing there are 424 violent or abusive incidents per day, which was a nine percent increase on the previous year.
In addition to the above, retail union Usdaw reported that instances of aggression to shop workers had doubled over the Coronavirus pandemic .
Deploying a SoloProtect Personal Safety Solution can deliver safety benefits to the front-line retail workers, but also help department managers and the wider organisation deliver genuine value to the employer across all supporting elements of a retail distribution network - both in terms of safety and operationally.
Helping customers to:
- Give peace of mind to mobile personnel with 24/7 alarm support, and discreet personal safety devices
- Document verbal abuse in-store, inform training and best practice
- Deliver protection against trips, falls and incapacitation
- Get up to date location information around distribution to inform job completion, and the security of high-value items
- Deliver dashboard reporting to key stakeholders on soluton usage, reflected across an organisation's department structure
- Receive up to date, and credible information regarding the working status of employees across a team or group
- Greater visibility of any mobile personnel
We continue to work with a significant number of Retail businesses and with a range of devices to choose from, scalable functionality to suit the needs of your employer, see our solutions for more information, or book a no obligation, solution demo.