Lone Worker Security for Social Housing Workers
Reducing risk to community based personnel
Housing Associations and other Social Housing providers regularly deploy personnel to deliver a mix of services in the community, often lone working in other people's homes.
Whilst most key worker employers have noted an increase in aggression over the course of the Covid 19 pandemic, the most recent Inside Housing  data, which predates the disease, showed a ten percent, year on year, increase of physical assaults on front-line housing personnel, with 208 reported. Verbal abuse remains an even more frequent issue, with 1798 reported over the same time period.
As a result, it's no surprise to learn that almost 60% of the workers surveyed cited a lasting mental health impact as a result of workplace aggression.
Deploying a SoloProtect Personal Safety Solution can deliver safety benefits to the front-line housing workers, but also help department managers and the wider organisation deliver genuine value to the employer - both in terms of safety, but also operationally.
Helping customers to:
- Give peace of mind to mobile staff and lone workers with 24/7 alarm support, and discreet personal safety devices
- Document verbal abuse, inform training and best practice
- Deliver protection against trips, falls and incapacitation
- Get up to date location information to assist better coordination across mobile teams
- Deliver dashboard reporting to key stakeholders on solution usage, reflected across an organisation's department structure
- Receive up to date, and credible information regarding the working status of employees across a team or group
- Greater visibility of any mobile personnel
- Support workers to report incidents, and document them effectively
We continue to work with a significant number of Social Housing providers and with a range of devices to choose from, scalable functionality to suit the needs of your employer, see our solutions for more information, or book a no-obligation, solution demo.
 Note Paywall: Inside Housing - Assaults Survey
Business Case Support
You can read more about the benefits of investing in a personal safety or lone working solution in our Business Case Support document - available on the Knowledge Base.