EFFECTIVE DATE: 7th May 2021
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7th May 2021
This Policy applies to both the use of our “website” (www.soloprotect.com) as well as our “services” (SoloProtect Insights, https://ukinsights.soloprotect.com/).
• Privacy Notice (applicable to the use of the website, www.soloprotect.com)
• Retention Policy (applicable to the use of the SoloProtect services and SoloProtect Insights)
When you visit our website or interact with us through our services we use a range of cookies, web beacons, pixel-tags, and other similar technologies to store information we collect about you to provide you with a better and safer experience and, in some limited circumstances, for advertising purposes.
Most of our cookies are linked to your browser session (session cookies) and disappear once you close your browser; others remain on your device for a longer period (persistent cookies). We, being SoloProtect and our partners (who help us with various aspects of our business), serve those cookies and only we can read them. However, several third parties who have integrated with our website (such as social network plugins) may also set cookies. We have no control over these cookies, but you can still block them (just not through us).
For all cookies, we request explicit consent before storing any cookies other than those which are strictly necessary for our websites to work. Our cookie consent banner will also provide clear information on which cookies are used and which categories they are classified as.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed and stored on the device (be it your computer, tablet, mobile phone or through your browser) you use to access either our website or our services.
They allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with us through the website or our services.
The types of information that we collect through cookies includes your device type, operating system, browser type, the website you visited, your time of visit, whether you have accessed our website from another website (i.e., a referring website), your IP address, as well as information about your preferences (such as your language).
TYPES OF COOKIES
Just like at your local supermarket, our cookies come in a variety of types.
Cookies come in a variety of forms and include:
• Web-beacons, pixel-tags, or clear GIFs: these are small graphic images that may be included on our website that work in conjunction with other cookies to identify you.
• Other similar technologies: we also use various other technologies to collect information which operate like cookies such as flash cookies or HTML cookies.
Session Vs Persistent
• Session Cookies: these are cookies that are linked to your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that session, they only last for as long as your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your internet browser.
• Persistent Cookies: these cookies are stored on your device after your browser has been closed and have a defined expiry date. Persistent cookies are helpful where we need to know who you are when you are using more than one browsing session, such as to remember you for your next visit or your selected preferences.
First-Party vs Third-Party
Cookies can be provided directly by SoloProtect, via SoloProtect on behalf of a third-party, or directly by a third-party themselves.
• First-Party cookies: These cookies are set by the website you are visiting and only that website can read them.
• Thirty-Party cookies: These cookies are set by a third-party site you are visiting from or from a third-party who has integrated with our website (such as through a social plugin allowing you to share a link to our content on that social media platform). We are not responsible for, or have any control over, these types of third-party cookies – you can still block or disable them, just not through us.
They are also used to:
• Remember information about you when you log-in, so you do not have to give this information repeatedly.
• Keep both our website and services secure and you secure when using them, such as by identifying irregular site behaviour, enabling security features and to allow access to secure areas of our website and services.
• Help us understand how people are using our services (such as by providing statistics on which parts of the website or services you visit, or how easy it is to navigate our website or services). We use this to improve the look, feel and operation of our website and services.
• Specifically for our website, to allow you to use social plugins and other customized content and experiences (such as posting our content to social media platforms). In addition, our third-party partners may use a cookie or similar technology to determine whether you arrive at our site via one of their ads.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the smooth and safe operation of our website and services. These include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or services and remember any security settings. Without these types of cookies your use of the website or services as well as your security could be affected.
• Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website and services. They enable us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language, region and landing page, font size etc.) and whether you have visited the website or services before so that bannering/messaging for new visitors is not displayed to you.
• Analytical/Performance Cookies: These help us understand how people are using our website and services, including the number of visitors, which pages and content is accessed and how those visitors navigate our website and services. Some of these cookies, whilst served by us, are provided by our partners, who help us analyse this information. We use these cookies to improve the way our website and services work, to make sure our website and services are working properly (which extends to fixing any identified errors) and to generally improve the experience we deliver to you.
• Targeting Cookies/Advertising Cookies: These cookies also record your visit to our website and services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Our partners may use this information to determine whether you arrived at our site via one of their ads, or to serve tailored ads or content to you.
Specific details on which cookies are used on our website, and which categories they are classified as, are available on our website in the cookie banner which will automatically load for all site visitors. This banner will request your explicit consent efore any cookies are loaded other than those which are classified as strictly necessary.
You have the right to choose whether to accept cookies.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. For guidance on how to do this the following website may prove useful (http://www.whatarecookies.com/view.asp).
However, cookies are an important part of how our website and services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the services and, in some circumstances, you may not be able to access all or parts of our website or services.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information.
If third-party flash cookies are disabled on your browser, some features on our website may not work as you would expect. However, you can always set exceptions via your browser to allow third-party cookies for the www.soloprotect.com website.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org and ww.youronlinechoices.eu.