Lone Worker Security for Local Government Workers
A flexible solution to cater for workers delivering a wide range of public services
Local Councils and affiliated bodies employ a wide range of personnel to deliver vital public services across our communities. The range of services can often mean a deploying range of requirements across a solution, in order to empower staff to reduce any risk to their personal safety.
Staff working alone, at off-peak times of day, or those entirely based in the community can benefit from a personal safety solution, and the reassurance of 24/7 alarm support if needed.
According to Freedom of Information Act data, a recent survey of 12,503 council workers outlined 1,271 assaults per year, or roughly one for every ten workers. In terms of physical assaults reported, the same data showed one for every nighty five staff. In addition to this, the Coronavirus pandemic saw The Local Government Association  highlight the increasing aggression towards council workers.
Deploying a SoloProtect Personal Safety Solution can deliver lone worker security benefits to the front-line, community workers, but also help department managers and the wider organisation deliver genuine value to the employer - both in terms of safety and operationally.
Helping customers to:
- Give peace of mind to mobile staff and lone workers with 24/7 alarm support, and discreet personal safety devices
- Document verbal abuse, inform training and best practice
- Deliver protection against trips, falls and incapacitation
- Get up to date location information to assist better coordination across mobile teams
- Deliver dashboard reporting to key stakeholders on solution usage, reflected across an organisation's department structure
- Receive up to date, and credible information regarding the working status of employees across a team or group
- Greater visibility of any mobile personnel
- Support workers to report incidents, and document them effectively
We continue to work with a significant number of Local Authorities and with a range of devices to choose from, scalable functionality to suit the needs of your employer, see our solutions for more information, or book a no-obligation, solution demo.
 Coronavirus: LGA urges end to 'unacceptable' attacks on council staff
Business Case Support
You can read more about the benefits of investing in a personal safety or lone working solution in our Business Case Support document - available on the Knowledge Base.