SoloProtect ID - Identicom Device gets an update
SoloProtect has now supplied well over 200,000 lone worker devices, to market in the UK and internationally.
The SoloProtect ID is the latest release from SoloProtect, and with improved functionality, it further enhances our ability to deliver a leading lone worker solution via compelling technology.
SoloProtect ID, like Identicom, is designed as an identity card holder in order to be discreet and easy to use. Containing mobile-phone (GSM) technology, the device enables a 24/7 link to our EN50518 and BS 8591 accredited Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC), in the event a worker requires assistance.
Location, Location, Location . .
A lone worker device that gives users a quick and accurate 'Time To First Fix' (TTFF). Giving improved user performance to a lone worker, and relevant location information to the Emergency Services in the event of a genuine Red Alert.
The SoloProtect ID is the first lone worker device on the market that utilises both A-GNSS (Assisted GNSS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology. By having this capability, it significantly improves the time taken for the device to obtain a location, whilst also improving the accuracy and reliability as a worker moves between locations. SoloProtect is the first lone worker solution to utilise this technology, and represents genuine innovation in the market, in order to improve the safety of lone and mobile workers.
At the push of a button, a trained SoloProtect ARC Operator is linked to an aggressive, violent or a situation involving injury, on behalf of the lone worker. Recording audio for future use, the Operator will then escalate the situation in line with achieving an appropriate response - including alerting Emergency Services more efficiently than a 999 call (one level higher, via a Unique Reference Number (URN) direct into a regional Police control centre).
SoloProtect ID retains ‘Secured By Design’ status. This status is awarded by Police Crime Prevention Initiatives Limited, which is the UK Police flagship initiative for designing out crime.
In the UK, all SoloProtect IDs supplied directly by SoloProtect, will be part of a BS 8484:2016 accredited solution and receive 24/7, EN 50518 & BS 8591 accredited, ARC support.
Benefits of the SoloProtect ID:
• Peace of mind for a lone worker.
• Helps an employer to demonstrate it is meeting a duty of care to staff, and significantly reduces financial risk to a business or its brand value.
• Identity badge style ensures it is not an obvious piece of technology.
• Its wearability ensures it is easy for a lone worker to integrate into their outfit, uniform or apparel (various attachments for wear now available).
• ID is discreet to use - a worker doesn't have to overtly reach into their pocket or bag, and can use the device without breaking eye contact with an aggressor.
• ID enables SoloProtect to capture verbal abuse and threatening behaviour during a 'Red Alert'.
• Two-way audio on automatic Incapacitation alerts.
• Accurate location data information sent to Alarm Receiving Centre during a 'Red Alert' via A-GNSS (Assisted GNSS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology.