The new Monitoring Timer feature provides comprehensive worker protection and peace of mind in low signal areas.
Low signal areas can be a concern for users and a headache for managers – ‘Monitoring Timer’ helps you manage anticipated risk effectively, with zero interruption for your mobile workers. The ‘Monitoring Timer’ function could be a key element of empowering workers to reduce risk, encourage dynamic risk assessment, and demonstrate duty of care to lone workers and mobile personnel.
The Monitoring Timer function is set by your lone worker when they're aware they will soon be entering an area with known signal outages or a tendency for variabilities in coverage. Even with 4G LTE enabled devices, there are areas of the UK and structures that limit the ability of any cellular (GSM), lone worker device to operate as fully intended.
Examples of this may include:
• Particularly remote or rural locations where cellular mast infrastructure is developing
• Areas or locations exhibiting distinct geographical features that limit mobile network services due to topography
• Building structures, materials or subterranean spaces that inhibit mobile network availability
How does Monitoring Timer reduce risk where there is a loss of signal?
The Monitoring Timer is set within the Alarm Receiving Centre and is logged within the Monitoring Platform. The user must have a signal when the function is selected and the timer duration is logged. After this, they can carry out their activities knowing that if the timer elapses, the SoloProtect Monitoring Centre will begin a process of escalation and attempt to locate the worker and confirm their safety.
A worker should use the Monitoring Timer in conjunction with the Check-In feature because this may give valuable context with regards to activity and location should the timer elapse and operators have to understand and escalate an alert.
How does a worker select the Monitoring Timer?
A lone worker selects Monitoring Timer through the user interface (U.I.) of the SoloProtect personal safety device or application, selecting the function and the timer’s duration. Once activities have been completed, the worker can then cancel the timer before it elapses – again through the device or app, U.I.
Benefits to an employer:
• Promotes dynamic risk assessment in mobile workers
• Empowers workers to choose appropriate support
• Visibility of usage available to managers within SoloProtect Insights
• Users given peace of mind and mental space to focus where needed
• Uninterrupted work schedule helps drive productivity
• Mechanism to support meeting duty of care
• Provided within a fully managed solution tier, without additional feature costs
If you have any questions about SoloProtect's Monitoring Timer function, please get in touch using the form below: