The cost of a lone worker safety solution
We outline the cost of purchasing a lone worker safety solution, important price considerations and how your investment can save you money long term.
If you’re looking to buy a lone worker safety solution, you’ll be presented with a multitude of safety, device and service features that will affect cost.
So, firstly, it’s important to consult with key stakeholders within your organisation to establish a clear picture of what you really need from a lone worker safety solution and decide on a ballpark budget. This will allow you to make an informed decision about what’s right for you – ensuring you achieve the optimum return on your investment.
Here's some useful information about the cost of a lone working solution to get you started...
What’s the price of a lone worker safety solution?
With the UK entering into recession, many organisations will need to juggle keeping their workers safe with difficult financial decisions. Therefore, we’re determined to make lone worker safety solutions accessible to everyone.
So did you know that SoloProtect can offer lone worker safety solutions from as little as £3 per user per month (10p per day)? To put this into context, this is approximately the price of a coffee (from a well-known high street coffee shop).
Note: Don't forget to ask us about discounts for charitable organisations.
What’s included in the cost of a lone worker solution?
All SoloProtect lone worker solutions include a Red Alert (emergency alarm), Check-In, 24/7 Alarm Receiving Centre monitoring and access to SoloProtect Insights as standard.
In addition to this, the cost of a SoloProtect lone worker solution also includes:
- German-engineered lone worker devices*
- Various accessories (e.g. lanyard and belt clip)*
- Roaming SIM card*
- Device/app training via SoloProtect Insights
- In-house, 24/7, state-of-the-art Alarm Receiving Centre which is EN 50518 compliant
- In-house customer support team
- Comprehensive monthly reporting
- Account manager
- Regular software updates
- Device warranty*
*Does not apply to mobile app solutions.
Additional features and price considerations
For many of our customers, the core features outlined above provide an appropriate level of protection, with easy management and reporting.
But not all businesses and roles are the same and some may require additional features. Take the time to look at your risk assessments and think about the following things which may affect price:
- Do your employees work at height, do they work in an environment where there’s an increased risk of a slip, trip or fall, or do any of your employees have a health concern? If so, then an Incapacitation Alarm (or Man Down Alarm) is going to be a vital feature.
- Do your employees work in areas where there is a poor cellular signal? e.g. rural locations, underground, steel-clad buildings, storage units etc? If so, you may need a device with WiFi-Calling. Take a look at our blog: How can Wi-Fi Calling enhance lone worker safety?
- Would you like to use location information to facilitate efficient redeployment decisions or to track the progress of deliveries, for example? If so, then our Latest Location feature will provide you with the information you need via SoloProtect Insights.
- Would you like to easily see who’s on- or off-shift at any point in time? Or do you need to know that your colleagues have made it home safely at the end of their working day? Working Status functionality would facilitate this.
- Would your lone workers benefit from having one of our specially trained operators on the line with them while they complete an activity they deem to be high-risk? E.g. walking through a dark car park at night, locking up, or climbing a high ladder in poor weather. Ready2Talk ® would be the ideal solution in this instance.
- Do your workers face a lot of social risks such as abuse, violence or aggression? If so, discretion will be paramount. In this instance, you may need a dedicated device such as the SoloProtect ID Touch rather than a mobile app.
Our lone worker specialists can help you to establish which features are necessary for your workers and their risk profile.
How is the price of a lone worker solution determined?
Both our lone worker devices and our personal safety mobile app are charged on a monthly subscription basis, and the pricing will depend on several different factors including:
- The features and services you choose (as explained above)
- Contract length
- Whether you choose a lone worker device or app.
Please visit our Lone Worker Solutions page to review available options.
Investing in a lone worker solution can provide cost savings
When considering the cost of a lone worker solution, you should also factor in the potential savings it could facilitate. Some examples include:
- Lower insurance premiums
- Improved brand reputation
- Better staff retention (i.e. lower recruitment costs)
- Operational efficiencies
- Reduced risk of fines and other penalties for not protecting lone workers.
For more information about the safety, operational and financial benefits of investing in a lone worker solution, take a look at our business case.
Get a price for a lone worker solution
If you’d like to discuss a price for a lone worker solution, or you’d like some more information about how our solution works, please contact us: