The cost of a lone worker safety solution
We explain the costs associated with purchasing a lone worker safety solution and how your investment can save you money long term.
When you’re looking to buy a lone worker safety solution, you’ll be presented with a multitude of workforce safety management features that will affect cost.
So, firstly, it’s important to consult with key stakeholders within your organisation to establish a clear picture of what you really need from a lone worker safety solution and decide on a ballpark budget.
This will allow you to make an informed decision about which features and devices are right for you – ensuring you achieve the optimum return on your investment.
Lone worker solution tiers
SoloProtect offers several lone worker solution tiers to provide customers with clear choice, transparency, and costs.
The Connect+, Silver and Gold, tiers are shown below. Device and service features are on the left and features provided by our SoloProtect Insights platform are shown on the right.
When deciding which tier to go for, we understand that cost will be an important factor. However, you should take the time to look at your risk assessments and consider things such as:
- Do your employees work at height, do they work in an environment where there’s an increased risk of a slip, trip or fall, or do any of your employees have a health concern? If so, then an Incapacitation Alarm (or Man Down Alarm) is going to be a vital feature (available with Connect + and Gold tiers).
- Do your employees work in areas where there is a low phone signal e.g. rural locations, underground, steel-clad buildings, storage units etc? If so, Monitoring Timer functionality would give managers and workers reassurance that someone will be actively trying to locate them and confirm their safety after a given period of time. Monitoring Timer functionality is available with the Gold package.
- Would you like to implement lone worker monitoring, using location information to facilitate efficient redeployment decisions or to track the progress of deliveries, for example? If so, then our Latest Location feature, available on Gold and Connect+, will provide you with the information you need via SoloProtect Insights.
- Would you like staff to log their working status so you can easily see who’s available at any point in time? Or do you need to know that your colleagues have made it home safely at the end of their working day? Working Status functionality would facilitate this (available on Gold).
- Would your lone workers benefit from having one of our specially trained operators on the line with them while they complete an activity they deem to be high risk? E.g. walking through a dark car park at night, locking up, or climbing a high ladder in poor weather. Ready2Talk ®, available on Connect+ and Gold tiers, would be the ideal solution in this instance.
What’s included in the cost of a lone worker solution?
As well as the features and benefits included within our Connect+, Silver and Gold tiers, the cost of a SoloProtect lone worker solution also includes:
- German-engineered lone worker devices*
- Various accessories (e.g. lanyard and belt clip)*
- SIM card*
- UK-based lone worker solution training via SoloProtect Insights
- In-house, 24/7, state-of-the-art Alarm Receiving Centre which is EN 50518 compliant
- In-house customer support team
- Comprehensive monthly reporting
- Dedicated account manager
- Regular software updates
*Does not apply to mobile-app-only solutions.
Investing in a lone worker solution can provide cost savings
When considering the cost of a lone worker solution, you should also factor in the potential savings it could facilitate. Some examples include:
- Lower insurance premiums
- Improved brand reputation
- Better staff retention (i.e. lower recruitment costs)
- Operational efficiencies
- Reduced risk of fines and other penalties for not protecting lone workers.
For more information about the safety, operational and financial benefits of investing in a lone worker solution, take a look at our business case.
How is the price of a lone worker solution determined?
Both our lone worker devices and our personal safety mobile app are charged on a monthly subscription basis, and the lone worker solution pricing will depend on several different factors including:
- The tier you choose (as explained above)
- Contract length
- Whether you choose a lone worker device or app
SoloProtect ID, SoloProtect Mobile, SoloProtect Mini 1, or SoloProtect Mini 2
Find out more about lone worker costs
For more information about the cost of lone worker protection, please contact us.